Thursday, January 1, 2009

Sing-a-long.

Doubts, regrets, and shoulda-beens screamed at me in bed again
I haven’t slept since God knows when
‘Cause you’re not here no more.

I fucked up and fell right in
The tragedy of lust begins
It turned to love and no one was
More surprised than me.

Your addiction
Is your affliction
You can’t be happy
Unless it’s hard.

I might be lonely
At least I’m sober
I‘m the fool here
At least I tried.

Old promises and coulda-beens
siren-songed in my head again
I haven’t danced since God knows when
‘Cause October left me cold.

I knelt down and bled so thin
The pain of all that had to end
I looked for love and no one was
Standing up to see.

Your addiction
Is your affliction
You won’t be happy
That’s just too hard.

It must be lonely
I loved you only
So it’s over
I’m still lost here
Can’t lock the door.




(November 8th)

No comments: