Thursday, January 1, 2009

That song repeats.

Regina makes me cry
(every time)
Reminds me when you didn't say goodbye…
Just ducked your head and walked out the door

There was a baby in my belly
But I guess it was time really…
I didn't know how to tell you
And it all became passé as I bled out on the floor.

Times like these it's all the same
I can still hear your familiar refrain
Of "always" and no "matter what"

Regina makes me cry
(every time)
I remember not saying goodbye…
Just running after you out the door

If I'm a fool than so it is
We're all involved in this consuming mess
A game of triumphs and loss
The sweetest thing I've ever come across

She walked away and your heart swallowed up
Took your pride and spilled your cup
It was all you feared would come

Regina doesn't make her cry
(any time)
You still remember when she didn't say goodbye…
Just ducked her head and walked out the door.







(January 25th)

No comments: